Every year our aim is to provide courses that meet the needs and interests of our students. The courses we offer fall into two categories:
- Level 3, A level courses. If a student completes two years they will complete the full A level course.
- Level 3 BTEC and Cambridge Technical Award courses in a range of subjects which have grades that equate to A level standard grades, e.g. a Distinction* is worth the same as an A*.
Courses Available for September 2022
The courses available have been listed below in alphabetical order. At this stage students need to research each course with a view to short-listing those subjects they feel they are most interested in studying. This is clearly an important decision and there are several factors that need to be considered, for example level of interest, chances of achieving success and future career plans. Some of the courses available are 'new' subjects in that they were not available at GCSE. A good decision is one that has been researched thoroughly.
Level 3 Courses*
- Art and Design: Fine Art
- Art and Design: Photography
- Business Economics
- Business Studies BTEC (double award)
- Computer Science
- Creative Media Production BTEC
- Design Technology: Product Design
- English Language
- English Literature
- English Media
- Extended Project Qualification
- Health & Social Care BTEC
- Music BTEC
- Performing Arts: Dance BTEC
- Philosophy and Ethics
- Sport and Physical Activity
* Courses will only run if a sufficient number of students have chosen them
It will be possible to take each of the Level 3 subjects through into Year 13 and complete the A-level component. Most Universities will expect at least three subjects to be completed through the two-year course. Progression from Year 12 into Year 13 will depend upon the successful completion of the Year 12 courses where it is applicable.