Privacy & Cookies
- Category: For Parents
Privacy & Cookies
When someone visits this website we collect details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the website. We collect this information in a way that does not identify anyone and we do not make any attempt to find out your identity. If we want to collect personally identifiable information we will inform you about it and make it clear what use will be made of it.
Content Management System (CMS) - The software that runs this website stores a temporary (session) cookie or cookies on your machine which are removed from when you close your browser. These help to keep track of the pages your visit and help with the functionality of the website. The website may also store some persistent cookies on your machine - an example might be a cookie that helps remember you when return to the site (these are stored for a period of time and then deleted automatically). Some CMS cookies are used to help us to see the number of visitors to the site but we do not collect personally identifiable data from these.
Functionality - We use some functionality based cookies to help the site function properly. Declining cookies these might change the way our website looks and/or behaves. These cookies are NOT used for targeted advertising.
Accept Cookies - If you accept cookies, this decision generates a cookie which is stored for a set period of time (usually 1 year), when it will be automatically deleted and you will be asked again if you wish to accept cookies from the site.
Occasionally, the pages on our site may link to other external website (e.g. to point you to extra information about an event, or some relevant news or educational resource) - Melksham Oak Community School are not responsible for the content of, or policies, of any external site to which we link. This website has links to external sites which will have their own cookie and privacy policies.
How can I manage Cookies on my own computer?
Your Browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or IE, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari etc.) has a menu option which will allow you to control and remove Cookies that have been stored on your computer. Sometimes this is in the same place where you view your History. Use your Browser's Help facility if you are unsure where you can go to delete cookies.
- Cookies used on this site do not contain any information that, alone, would allow us to identify you.
- Any information collected is anonymous and generalised except where you provide your details via a form.
- You can visit our site and use many of the services without telling us who you are or giving us any personally identifiable information.
- It is only when you complete a form that requests personal information or email us that you can be identified. When completing forms you may be asked for a variety of personal information such as name, email address, post code etc.
- The website also automatically receives and records information on server logs from your browser including your IP address and the page you requested.
The school uses the information for:
- fulfilling your request for information or services (e.g. contacting you about a enquiry)
- to inform you about changes in our services (e.g. if an event at school is cancelled)
- Melksham Oak Community School will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone, or use the data for any other purpose incompatible with the purpose for which it was originally collected.
- Melksham Oak Community School will only send personally identifiable information about you to other companies when we have your consent, or have a legal reason to do so. We may also use your information in response to subpoenas, court orders or other legal processes.
Personal information you provide to us will not be passed to any third party except where we are required to by law (e.g. in the case of a request from law enforcement agencies).
Your privacy is respected at all times.
What it covers
This policy covers the treatment of personally identifiable information that Melksham Oak Community School collects when you are using the our website, when you email us, or when you complete and submit an online form via our website.
Melksham Oak Community School hold and processe personal data in accordance with all current legislation relating to data protection and complies with the Data Protection Act 1998.