- Category: For Parents
At Melksham Oak, students are encouraged to keep fit and active both mentally and physically through a vast array of extra-curricular activites.
We believe that social interaction during out-of-hours clubs is extremely influential in helping young people grow into confident adults who engage successfully with the world around them.
Our ex-students have told us that the activities they took part in at Melksham Oak still play an important role in their adult lives. We have students who were active in sports and who have become successful Physiotherapists. Another student is now a successful entrepeneur, with their own web design business.
Providing Out of Hours School Learning
- Extended Services are firmly embedded in school and we work closely with the Extended Services Co-ordinator
- A strong Duke of Edinburgh Scheme where students are regularly obtaining Bronze and Silver Award – more recently a student has achieved the Gold Award.
- Sporting opportunities through regular classes and clubs after school
- Performing Arts opportunities through regular shows and performances
- A wide variety of after school clubs that appeal to all types of learners – all information distributed to students and also available on our website
- Rotary Youth Speaks – the school strongly contributes and regularly achieves strongly in this national competition