At Melksham Oak Community School, our curriculum is designed to underpin our school ethos and values, giving all students the opportunity to learn about themselves and their relationships with others by working hard, being kind, and respecting each other.
Our curriculum is designed to be broad and balanced and to give our students the best opportunities in later life. It is underpinned by our belief in the limitless potential of our students and to create confident learners who thrive can in a changing world. It aims are:
- To ensure that students are best prepared for national examinations and the increasing academic demands of terminal examinations.
- To provide continuity and progression between the key stages.
- To provide a coherent programme of personal, health, social, and economic education that prepares students for the challenges life presents.
- To provide engagement and enrichment.
- To provide expert, up-to-date careers guidance that is presented impartially and gives our students access to the best information available to schools.
- To promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect, and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs (paying particular regard to the Equalities Act, 2010).
- To develop and maintain the highest standards of literacy and numeracy across the curriculum so that students have essential skills for life.