To ensure all students look smart and best represent Melksham Oak Community School, we have a number of rules when it comes to school uniforms.
The Melksham Oak Community School uniform requirements are as follows:
- Navy blue school sweatshirt (must have Melksham Oak Community School name and logo embroidered) - non-school jumpers are not permitted.
- Black knee-length school skirt (no Lycra) or plain black ankle-length trousers (not cords, ski pants, track suits, ¾-length crop trousers, or leggings).
- Navy blue school polo shirt (must have Melksham Oak Community School name and logo embroidered).
- Flat all-black footwear
- Extreme hairstyles or unnatural hair colours are not acceptable.
- For safety reasons, only one pair of studs or small sleepers is allowed in ears. Other jewellery should be discreet and safe.
- Nails should be sensible length and a natural colour.
- We will not tolerate facial piercings. This is a policy enforced by all the schools in West Wiltshire for health and safety reasons.
- We do not permit hoodies, and hoods are only allowed as part of a waterproof coat.
Our uniform providers are Sportsbug, formerly DJ’s, located in Melksham. Thank you very much for your support with this.
The multi-use games area will not be used by students during break or lunchtime and so students will no longer need to bring trainers to school apart from for PE. Students in trainers without a note will be sent home to put on the correct uniform.
In the document below, you will find information about the PE kit expectations we have for students.