The overall purpose of the Governing Body is to help the school provide the best possible education for pupils.
This involves, in particular:
- contributing the establishment of the school’s vision and strategic aims, agreeing plans and policies, and making creative use of available resources
- monitoring and evaluating performance and acting as a critical friend to the Headteacher to support and challenge him in leading and managing the school
- ensuring that the school is accountable to the children and parents it serves, to its local community and to those who fund and maintain it, as well as to the staff it employs.
The Way Forward
- To improve student attainment for all
- To widen inclusion and opportunities for every student
- To open the school facilities to the wider community
Interested in Becoming a Governor?
We are always keen to get parents involved in the school; contact the Clerk to Governors to find out more...
Emma Harrold, The Clerk to the Governors, Melksham Oak Community School, Bowerhill, Melksham, SN12 6QZ.