- Category: Business Studies
- Our regular termly newsletter appears in locations in the local community and also on-line
- Year 9 students work in the local community as part of our Community Programme
- Young Enterprise – students design, make and sell their unique products
- Challenge Activities are integrated into the curriculum on ACORNS Days for all year groups, including Dragons Den using local employers, and visits out
- Year 10 work experience for 2 weeks a year
- Connexions – working to advise and guide our students
- Students in year 8 participate yearly in Take Your Child to Work Day
- Close links with the local Community Police Safety officers
- Working closely with the local clergy
- Interview Days for year 11 – bringing local employers in to meet our students face to face
Melksham Oak Community School works actively with the local schools and local community, which allows us to share good practice and develop collaborative approaches to teaching and learning through training, support and funding opportunities.
We are grateful for our strong links with local partnerships and industry, which assist in supporting learning, through their involvement and through visits. We welcome opportunities to extend these further.