Our School Mission
At Melksham Oak, we are proud to be a fully inclusive school where we ask everyone in our community to: work hard, be kind, and respect one another.
These core values underpin our commitment to placing our students at the centre of everything we do. We have worked with staff, governors, and students to be clear about what a great school looks like, and how we can measure our progress on the journey to becoming great.
We have embedded this into our school culture, under the title "statement of intent". The elements below are our statement of intent, stating our aims, and also how we hold ourselves accountable. We believe that it is part of our daily challenge to deliver these:
- Putting students at the centre of everything we do, regardless of external pressures.
- By asking what impact it will have for students when we make every decision.
- Becoming a centre of excellence for learning.
- By increasing the % of good/outstanding lessons year on year using the TEEP framework.
- Ensuring all students make at least expected progress.
- By delivering four levels of progress for all.
- Supporting and challenging all members of our community to aspire to be the best that they can be.
- By using language of high expectation while demonstrating trust and accountability to improve destination outcome and to deliver high-quality CPD.
- Creating a culture where all members of the community are safe, valued, appreciated, supported - and challenged. and everyone is treated with respect and kindness.
- By being intelligently consistent, improving all behaviour outcomes and increasing attendance year on year.
- Reviewing all of our questionnaires and surveys and addressing the issues that arise.
- Engaging and collaborating with our community.
- By increasing our % uptake year on year, delivering outreach, working together evenings, and continuing collaboration with other Melksham schools and the West Wilts Alliance of Secondary Schools.